Sunday, September 9, 2012

Intro Blog

Hello everyone my name is Mohamed Hussein.  I'm a currently a senior at Eastern Michigan and I'm going into my final two semesters.  I also am the only student in the class that's on the management side while all others are on the more exciting part of aviation which is flight  I enrolled into Eastern Michigan Aviation program about two years ago.  Before I enrolled into the Aviation program at Eastern I had zero knowledge about aviation all I knew was how broad the industry was.

My  interest for aviation grows more and more as each day passes.  Before starting at Eastern I had zero knowledge about aviation but throughout each semester I've learned a lot.One of the many reasons I chose to study aviation was my cousin.  He graduated from Eastern about ten years ago earning his degree in aviation management and he is currently employed at DTW with Delta Airline as an upper management position.  

I currently got a job with Delta Airline as customer service agent (CSA) and gate agent.  The job was supposed to be a seasonal job throughout the summer but I was able to become a ready reserve which I am super excited and lucky to have earned.  I've always had interest in working at the airport and with me earning a job with Delta Airline is a great way for me to social network and jump start my career until I graduate.  My plan once I earn my degree is to continue with Delta and to one day to have an upper management position.

3 comments:

  1. That's great you are working at Delta already. What would be the next position or promotion after gate agent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job landing the ready reserve line. Where have you traveled with your flight benefits?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - it's great already being employed with an airline as you will have many opportunities within that airline. Don't sell yourself short - there are many fantastic careers on the management side ;-).

    ReplyDelete